Friends of Froxfield School
All parents with children at Froxfield Primary School are automatically members of the Friends of Froxfield School Association (FoFS).
The FoFS committee is made up of a group of parents and members from the local community who, in close co-operation with the school, plan and run social and fundraising events for the children and their parents during the school year.
Examples of events include our annual Christmas fair, a stall at the Froxfield Village Summer Fete, Stay and Play (after school play sessions for children and parents), an annual sponsored walk, a very popular quiz and curry night for parents, amongst many others. The events provide fun for the children and opportunities for parents to mix socially and raise funds for the extra things that make school life special.
Recently, our fundraising efforts have contributed to new bikes and play equipment for the children, updated IT systems, ice-creams at pantomimes and school trips, leaving gifts for our Year 6 children, T-shirts for Sports Day, dressing up clothes and French resources.
FoFs is made up of a committee who meet regularly to discuss fundraising initiatives and organise events and is supported by a team of parent-volunteers who give their time to help out at some of these events.
Jo Brown is currently the Chair of Friends of Froxfield School, Rachel Nicholson is Secretary and Sarah Dunford is Treasurer.
FoFs have introduced Class Representatives for each year group. Our Class Reps are parents who have children in a particular year. Class Reps are the communication link between the school, the children and the parents of that year group, passing on suggestions, information and event invitations.
Job Role Descriptions:
Meet with Mrs Farrow once a term to discuss any concerns/ideas of their year group. Mrs Farrow to set dates and times.
- Introduce any new parent to their year group to the school community and explain school routines. Issue new parent with a FoFS welcome pack (packs to be held in school).
- Organise one parent social event for the year/class group (eg coffee morning/evening out) per term.
- Collate/update class contact list. Permission must be sought from all parents before anyone’s details are shared.
- Inform class parents of any upcoming meeting/social events relevant to their class.
- Where possible attend FoFS committee meetings and feedback to class parents any relevant information.
Chair of FoFS
Link between Mrs Farrow and Committee.
- Inform Headteacher of all upcoming FoFS events.
- Ensure all FoFS events meet health & safety regulations of the school.