The teaching of Physical Education should inspire a lifelong positive attitude to fitness, exercise and wellbeing, through enjoyment of an inclusive, broad and balanced curriculum. Our curriculum is aimed to challenge students to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically demanding activities. We provide students with the opportunity to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness. These opportunities will build character and help to embed values such as fairness, teamwork and respect. Please see below our specific aims and objectives of the curriculum.
- To help promote physical fitness that will improve the quality of life
- To learn and adopt acceptable moral and social standards
- To develop maximum physical potential according to everyone’s ability
- To help prepare students to see the role of leisure in their future
- To develop a working knowledge of safe practice and health and safety in sport
- To promote the development of movement co-ordination and the acquisition of a range of motor skills within a broad range of physical activities
- To ensure students are aware of the importance of fitness for life
- To encourage students to extend their skills and provide opportunities for enrichment within competitive sports and activities.
Froxfield has achieved the Gold Sports Award for its Physical Education provision. We are also a Golden Mile school, meaning that our children regularly run laps of our field as part of an initiative which encourages children to be more active, in turn helping to improve health and fitness, as well as boosting concentration in lessons.
Physical Education Lead: Mrs Rowley